COMMUNITY SHARE OFFER EVENT WEDNESDAY 15 FEBRUARY 6PM TO 8PM AT TRINITY COLLEGE, OXFORD
Come and hear guest speakers and learn more about our community share offer, and what Aspire has achieved working with people affected by homelessness in Oxfordshire.
This is a ticket only event, so to avoid disappointment please book here for free.
1. Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop - Come and learn more about Oxfordshire Community Land Trust’s work - community-led affordable housing coming to Cumnor Parish and the rest of Oxfordshire and WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Come and join us for an evening with guest speakers including Jan Royall (Principal of Somerville and Co-Chair of Oxford Inclusive Economic Partnership), and short films. We will be introducing you to community-led housing in the context of the county’s broken housing system, and how genuinely and permanently affordable housing is the only way to tackle this. We will also provide an update on our first development at Crofts Court and explain our community share offer so you can get involved and be part of the solution.
We’ve already raised 58% of our £500,000 target to be able to protect this first development from rising interest rates and to scale up this unique model.
Come and learn how you can get involved and help. Oxfordshire is continuing to experience an affordable housing crisis, and we’re determined to start to make a real difference. JOIN US!
We will be delighted to:
• tell you in person and share photographs of our construction progress at Crofts Court
• explain to you how community-led housing works
• explain what our Community Share Offer is and WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
• share short videos of some local people in housing need
• introduce you to our supporters so that you can network and enjoy refreshments together
2. W e are hosting this event in conjunction with Aspire Oxfordshire - Come and learn about their efforts over the past year to help those affected by homelessness in the county.
Aspire have a number of housing projects in Oxfordshire to support the critical lack of suitable move-on housing for people affected by homelessness and rough sleeping. Aspire also works with housing associations and other partners to provide innovative responses to Oxfordshire’s housing and homelessness crisis including a homelessness prevention service, delivering a countywide ‘Housing First’ service and expanding its social lettings service with private landlords. This is alongside employment development and social inclusion support. They also encourage collaboration, helping to initiate the Oxfordshire Homeless Movement.
Thank you to our event sponsors Oxford Property Consulting and Fine & Country Oxford!