Join us and be at the centre of growing our membership and developing the organisation for its next phase.
We’re looking for someone with bags of talent and energy to support us as we grow our membership and develop further projects. Relevant experience would be an advantage but not a necessity as full training will be given.
- Office Location: Makespace Oxford
- Term: One year initially with an intention for this to become a permanent role
- Salary: £25,000 pro rata (3 day per week / 0.6FTE)
- Closing Date: 5pm Friday 29th November 2019
- Interview: Tuesday 10th December 2019
- Start date: ASAP or January 2020
Oxfordshire Community Land Trust (OCLT) is looking for a highly organised, motivated and adaptable person to undertake a critical role in moving the CLT to the next stage of development. The successful applicant will focus on growing and diversifying the membership as well as supporting new groups to drive community-led housing in their own locality.
The employee will also be responsible for internal communications and ensuring the Board is functioning effectively. This will require the applicant to be confident in initiating, coordinating and implementing appropriate procedures and take responsibility for specific projects and tasks. Having a pioneering spirit would be an advantage.
Oxfordshire Community Land Trust (OCLT) is about to go on site early in 2020 with its first build project for 8 permanently affordable flats for local people in housing need. There are other projects in the pipeline and the Board is working to progress these to eventually create a portfolio of community-led and owned land and housing projects.
This role is part-time (3 days a week) and timings are negotiable with the board. The employee must be able to attend evening Board Meetings which are held on a monthly-basis on the third Monday from 6-9pm.
Location is negotiable as much of the work is virtual. OCLT has a hot desk at Makespace Oxford and this would be the expected work base at least some of the time. You would be working initially with OCLT Board Members to bed in and develop your role. You will be reporting to the Chair and working closely with the Senior Management Team.
Download the job pack (three forms in one word document) by clicking the below button. Return to us either by email or post using the details at the bottom of the application form (p2).
- To develop, support and energise OCLT’s membership
- To think ahead and identify opportunities and challenges for future membership and organisation development
- To facilitate communications within and between the Board and with external stakeholders including the membership.
- To work with the Board to secure a funding stream to ensure the role can be permanent.
Membership Development (this list is not exhaustive)
- Membership development and administration in association with the Board
- Identification of funding opportunities especially for membership and community development but also for CLT sustainability.
- Updating website and sending out newsletters (currently via Mailchimp)
- Managing social media accounts (Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook)
- Managing OCLTs internal networking platform (we currently use Loomio)
- Work towards full membership retention
- Working with the Chair, preparation of Agenda for Board Meetings
- Minute taking at BM and maintenance of minute file
- Utilize computer systems to run file-storage, pay bills etc.
The employee may be required to undertake other tasks and responsibilities as directed by OCLT’s Board as are consistent with the nature of the job described above.
The applicant must:
- Be organised, flexible and efficient
- Have initiative and the ability to plan own work, and meet deadlines
- Have the ability to manage some pressure and conflicting demands and prioritise tasks and workload
- Have good oral and written communication skills
- Be tactful and respect confidentiality
- Be able to work in a team (with the Board and others working in the rapidly developing community led housing arena)
- Be reliable and honest